Friday, May 20, 2011

"What's In Your Vintage Purse" Swap Chabby Chic Style

TGIF!! Lol! Bona who is LiveLoveScrap on YT recently hosted a really fun swap called "What's in your vintage purse?" swap. We had to alter one of those wooden purses you can find at Michaels vintage shabby chic style and then make 10 handmade items to go with your purse! It was a super challenging project for me but crazy fun nonetheless! Here are some pics of what I created for my swap parter, Gina ( Hi Gina! *waves*) who is scrappinology on YT. I really hope she likes it!! :)
I started off painting the box with tan acrylic paint, then went over the entire thing with crackle medium then painted over that with vintage white acrylic paints. This crackle technique is really one of my absolute favs!! Then to get more of a shabby chic look, I distress the edges of the box with walnut stain distress ink. LOVE IT.

I love love love the Recollections flowers that come in that glass jar!! They are soo beautiful and so easy to encorporate into any project. Take a look at that gorgeous flower! So shabby chic! I embellished it with a Tim Holtz muse token, some baby roses, pearl trim and black skeleton leaves I found at my LSS. What I forgot to include in the picture is the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment with perfect medium then used perfect pearls in perfect gold. It's like magic when you brush some of the perfect pearls onto your stamped image. The sentiment says "find beauty in all things".

If you don't already know, I am a HUGE FAN of Graphic 45 papers. LOVE THEM! I did some fussy cutting of some vintage ladies from the Domestic Goddess collection. which works perfect with the theme of this swap. Check out that paper doily in the background! It looks so vintage. I sprayed it with some homemade mist then distressed it with walnut stain distress ink. Added some black lace on the top corners and glued on some baby roses and a cute vintage button.

Funny thing is, the actual handle of this box broke off in the middle of painting it so I made my own as a fix. I used some thick wire I got from Dollarama, and some black glass Crystazzi beads from Michaels. I secured the ends to the place where the original handle was and ta-da! I was surprised at how well it turned out.

I finished off the inside of the box with some black lace that is also a pocket and some white scalloped lace from Dollarama. I also glued on some thin satin ribbon to the insides of the box so when you open the lid, it would hold itself up. :)

Here are pictures of what I created to put inside the purse.

-handmade flower using light gold satin ribbon, some black lace, pearl trim and a vintage button
-an altered dressform I got at Dollarama (gotta love Dollarama!) which also comes with a stand BTW. I modpodged some light purple tissue paper all over the dress form , used white gathered lace for the skirt, added a bbutterfly punch by Martha Stewart, added a baby rose, some sheer black ribbon and pearl trim for the belt.
-a recycled Recollections bottle which I altered with caramel and latte alcohol inks, some brown lace, baby roses, bling and butterfly punch.
-a pocket tag using DSP from K&Co. Cut N' Paste collection

-a homemade chalkboard using chalkboard paper (which I found @ Dollarama) adhered onto light weight chipboard. Then cut out with Tim Holtz Ornamental Die.
-a hanging frame made from G45 scraps. I used a scalloped circle made out of cork (also @ Dollarama) for the base. The actual frame is from the Sizzix Die, called "Stamps and Frame" my favorite! Added a prima flower and recollections flower to embellish. I also used some white lace and jute twine as the hanger holder thingie. LOL. ;P
-a small 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 canvase piece with Gina's inital "G" on it.
-a toilet paper roll mini book. Haha in this case it's a mini-mini book since it has only like 3 pages. LOL it has to fit in the box so I had to restrain myself because I wanted to embellish that thing like crazy. The DSP I used is Prima's Botanical Collection. SOOO pretty!!!
-a post-it note holder using DCWV's Mariposa paper stack. The closure is a Recollections pearl brad and some jute twine.
-and finally, I made some stick pins using glass pearl beads from Michaels and some baby roses.

Wow, that was long typing that up! Hehe.
I hope Gina likes it!!!!!!!
Okay, that is all I'm going to be posting for this Long Weekend!! Thanks everyone for stopping by! Have a Fabulous Long Weekend!

-Hugs,
Hazelle

No comments:

Post a Comment